sábado, 14 de abril de 2012

One day walking along the Calzada Romana in Ubrique

This morning I have been in Ubrique to walk along a very popular trail called "La Calzada Romana", an old Roman road. The trail begins facing the skyline of the Sierra de la Silla with the peaks of El Aljibe and El Picacho to the south. In this time, I have chosen to start in Ubrique and finish it in Benaocaz.

The morning has been very cloudy and finally it rained. During all the route I didn´t found anybody. I suppose that the morning wasn´t the best (rain, wind,...) so I must be crazy. I stayed on the road until I drew near Piedra, or Cabeza de Toro, the scene of the legendary dispute between Benaocaz and Ubrique.

Following the road uphill round a curve I saw a small mountain called El Salto de la Mora. At the top of the road I could see aromatic plants like pennyroyal mint growing alongside fan palms, oleander etc.

Walking uphill I came to a panel explaining how the Roman road was built. I went through a gate and enter a fantastic wild olive grove full of mastic, carob and olive trees.

I continued walking uphill until I came to a Roman bridge. At this point, I decided to came back because another hard rain started.

Although I could see Benaocaz from the bridge I didn´t arrive there, so the next time I´ll do it. I hope you enjoy the pictures.






.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario